Thursday, October 11, 2012

Uninvited and Reinvited

The problem with vulnerability (especially on a public blog) is the huge margin for miscommunication.  Many times after I re-read a post of mine, I wonder if people feel like they are being invited to a pity party.

However, I want to clarify this blog is not an invitation to a pity party.  If you feel that way, you are uninvited. You are off the hook.  You don't have to come up with excuses why you can't come.  There is no party, no need for pity.

It's just life and I am sharing the in's and out's of how Down Syndrome affects me, my son, our family, our faith, etc.

I LOVE my son.  I am adjusting to his disability, but also rejoice in WHO he IS.  He is amazing and I can't wait to see what God has written for his story - the joys, the sorrows, the accomplishments, the challenges.  And that's a party I invite you to join us in celebrating!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I do love you! I wish I were there to go through this journey with you but since I am not, I am thrilled that you are so open and raw about it. I know God doesn't need ME to know everything when I pray since he already does but I do enjoy knowing just how and what I am praying for you on.

You my friend, are an amazing mother facing many trials and just as many joys. THANK YOU for allowing me to pray you through this journey <3

Post a Comment